This is an easy peasy cupcake recipe that I use over and over again and always get great results with. It should make about 12 cupcakes.
I promise you they'll turn out beautifully moist and they'll never be dry (hence no need for icing). Ideal for mid-afternoon munchies washed down with a giant pot of tea. Or grab one for a mornin' gorge (obviously with all that veggie/fruit influence it means they're practically good for you...maybe!? Okay... you got me, maybe not...they're a lot yummier than granola though!)
- 150g carrots, peeled
- 70g rasins
- 175g self-rasing flour, sifted
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 100ml sunflower oil
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 75ml buttermilk
1. Heat the oven to 170°C and line your muffin tin with cases. Coarsely grate the carrots into a large bowl.
2. Then add to the bowl the raisins, flour, bicarbonate of soda, light muscovado sugar, orange zest and mixed spice.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the flour bowl and stir until combined. Divide the mixture into the paper cases.
5. Bake for 20 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 mins then leave to cool. Maybe eat the ugly one...just to make sure they're not poisonous or anything...